The IAPD Annual Scholarship Program:
- Provides meaningful financial support for the education of worthy scholarship candidates.
- Benefits the business community through well-educated employees.
- Exposes scholarship candidates to the ever-expanding plastics industry.
- Strengthens IAPD through a direct link to education today.
Funds for the scholarship program are collected primarily through donations from IAPD member companies. To find out how you can support the IAPD Annual Scholarship Program, please contact the IAPD Charitable Foundation at +913.345.1005.
To apply for a 2020 IAPD scholarship, college-bound high school seniors and college/university students at the undergraduate or graduate degree level must meet one of the following criteria:
- Be employed by an IAPD member company, or
- Be a child of an employee of an IAPD member company, or
- Be enrolled in a professional sales program (major, minor or concentration)
Candidates must have a minimum of a 3.0 cumulative GPA based on a 4.0 scale. Recipients are ranked based on academic achievement, extracurricular activities and presentation.
Scholarship applicants are not eligible to win an IAPD scholarship two years in a row.
In addition to completing the online scholarship application form, submitted scholarship applications must include the following supporting materials to be considered:
- A 500-word, one page essay.
- A current transcript.
- A letter of recommendation from a principal or dean, department head or instructor from your school.
- The addendum page of this application, signed by both student and a parent or guardian.
Additional supporting materials including essay, transcripts, letters of recommendation and the completed addendum page must be in English to be accepted and can be submitted electronically.
Incomplete or late applications will not be considered. All information submitted will be maintained in confidence and used solely for purposes of analyzing the scholarship application.